Local musicians Kelly Emo and Fiddlin’ Big Al are proudly putting together the 2014 Friends of the Clearwater Benefit Concert on Saturday March 22, 2014. This annual event will take place from 7pm-12am in the Great Room of the 1912 Center, which is located at 412 E. Third Street in Moscow.
Listen to Smokin’ Mojos.
Wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages will be for sale, as well as pizza.
Thanks to our wonderful members, Jim & Ruth May, we will be auctioning off a 1-night stay at Reflections Inn, a beautiful bed and breakfast on the Middle Fork Clearwater River.
All proceeds will benefit FOC wildland programs.
Here’s some of the work we do:
- Working with allies to keep megaloads out of the Nez Perce Nation and the Middle Fork Clearwater/Lochsa wild & scenic river corridors.
- Advocate to bring valuable lands into public ownership through a purchase-option for the Upper Lochsa Land Exchange.
- Watch-dog the current forest revision process for the national forests to ensure that standards are maintained for biodiversity, water quality and old-growth habitat.
- Oppose politically-expedient collaborative processes that undermine our democracy, our public lands laws and national heritage.
- Protect irreplaceable roadless areas on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests from off-road vehicle abuse and other ill-conceived proposals.
- Hold the Forest Service accountable for projects that threaten wilderness character and the National Wilderness Preservation System.
- Challenge timber sales that threaten crucial habitat for imperiled species like bull trout and salmon.
- Gain federal protections for native species like the wolverine and fisher.
Check out our long list of allies.