Friends of the Clearwater, a conservation group dedicated to defending the public wildlands and wildlife of the Clearwater Basin in North Central Idaho, is seeking a part-time Outreach Coordinator. The individual will be primarily responsible for working with staff to organize and deliver educational programming in the community and surrounding area. The position offers a part-time schedule, with potential for further professional development and full-time work.
Friends of the Clearwater is headquartered in Moscow, Idaho. Applicants must be willing to work in our downtown office.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Organizing and delivering educational events
- Assisting with community fundraisers
- Tabling at local universities and colleges
- Creating and submitting event information to the media
- Organizing and participating in field work
An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and in cooperation with other staff in an office setting. Prior organizing and outreach experience is ideal, but not necessary.
Other essential qualifications:
- A love and connection with the public wildlands of the Clearwater Basin
- Comfortable speaking with members of Friends of the Clearwater and the public at-large
- A reliable vehicle for outreach
Compensation and Benefits:
$18-$19 per hour
- 20 hours per week
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter describing your interest in Friends of the Clearwater and qualifications for the position
- Three references
We are looking to hire a candidate who is available to begin as soon as possible, but strong candidates with start-date restrictions will be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
Friends of the Clearwater is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.