Seasons greetings to all of you! The holidays are upon us, and we’d like to remind you that the main event for the 2015 Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse is taking place this Thursday December 3 from 4:00 – 8:00pm at the 1912 Center in Moscow. Friends of the Clearwater, along with thirty-one other non-profit groups, will have a gift table to visit. All non-profit gift cards can be mailed with a personalized greeting.
The mission of the Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse is “to give residents of the Palouse a meaningful alternative to holiday gift giving and an opportunity to support local nonprofits.” We are grateful to be part of this year’s market, and are offering the following gift cards:
- $5 – Protect watersheds and water quality in the Clearwater Basin
- $10 – Protect old growth forests from being logged in the Clearwater Basin
- $10 – Protect the Northern Rockies Fisher under the Endangered Species Act
- $20 – Permanently protect the remaining roadless wildlands in the Clearwater Basin
- Name Your Own Price – Remove the lower four Snake River Dams
If you cannot make the event on December 3, no problem. You can shop at the Winter Market on Saturday December 5, and Saturday December 12 at the 1912 Center in Moscow. You can also shop on-line until Saturday December 12.
We appreciate your support over the holidays! We also want to thank the fabulous leaders of the Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse for organizing an annual event that educates, and inspires people to learn more about the wonderful non-profit community on the Palouse.
Stay warm and wild!
Education & Outreach Director
p.s. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation or renewing your membership with Friend of the Clearwater today!